This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

integration with Visual Studio Express

Dec 15, 2013 at 11:13 PM
Can this tool be integrated with Visual Studio (2013) Express?
Coordinator
Dec 16, 2013 at 3:33 PM
RESX Manager always needs a Visual Studio solution file (*.sln) as a starting point. This can be from any version of Visual Studio, including the Express versions. Unfortunately, I have no express version installed, so I cannot test it, but it should work. If it doesn't work, please send me the Log-File, which will be written to "error.txt".

If you are looking for a tool, that integrates into the user interface of Visual Studio (Express), you will have to look for another tool, since there is no plugin of RESX Manager for Visual Studio, yet.
Dec 20, 2013 at 1:14 AM
Hi,

Thanks for getting back to me.

Sadly I don’t get as far as being able to get an error.txt file.

When I try to install the program by double clicking on the ResXManager.VSIX.vsix file that I downloaded, I get the following window:

The version of Microsoft Visual Studio Professional 2012 that is on my machine has an expired trial license so it won’t work, accordingly I am using VS Express for Desktop for my coding.

If there is anything I am missing please let me know; but it looks like (from your response) I am out of luck.

If not please let me know as I would like to try and use your tool to localize a freeware program I have ( www.arulerforwindows.com ) over the holidays.

Thanks and Best Regards,

Rob

Sent from Windows Mail

Coordinator
Dec 24, 2013 at 9:16 AM
Please use an internet browser to download RESX Manager from Codeplex by clicking "Download" at the welcome page of the project.

http://resxmanager.codeplex.com/

You will get a ZIP file, containing an executable file called ResxManager.exe. Double-click to start.